Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two Weeks!

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a great summer.
Is it possible that I'm leaving in just two weeks?!

I've started to pack up... so far, I have a flash drive and an assortment of pants in the trunk.
I'm also learning Italian! My teacher is wonderful, but I'm having a hard time with the verb conjugations, since I've never taken a Romance language before (I struggled through Chinese class for five years). Still, I'm sure that I'll pick it up quickly once I'm totally immersed.

I've recently received emails from my new host family! I have two little sisters, Benedetta (10) and Agnese (7). Their picture is adorable. My parents are named Tiziana and Massimiliano. She is an art history teacher and he is a NCO at the military base in Viterbo. My mom, Tiziana, is the one writing these emails to me; she says that she loves traveling, cooking, reading, and watching films!

I'll be living about five minutes from school, so I'll be able to walk through the little town every day! I am so excited for the cobblestone streets, the piazzas, and the cappuccinos!

I will write again once I am in Viterbo!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment